Thursday, July 25, 2019

Brand Highlight: Retrobeat

Today's brand is Retrobeat! Retrobeat was introduced in Trendsetters under the name 'Popquiz', though there were similar brands in the first game called Capsule and Dazies. The brand's style is 'psychedelic' and it specializes in retro-styled clothes with bright colors and quirky patterns.

This, predictably, was the hardest one to do. Prepare for some...interesting looks.
                                                                  
These shoes are one of my favorite items from Retrobeat, but surprisingly, I didn't get much use out of them here.
Really not my style, but I actually quite like this one.
Yeah...nope. Really don't like how this one turned out.
These dresses are adorable, but they're SO hard to style. That's the problem with Retrobeat as a whole, really.
I'm not sure why I even tried to make anything work with this shirt.
Probably my favorite outfit here.
A shockingly subdued outfit, especially color-wise.
Okay, this one actually turned out really cute. You guys already know how much I love these berets, but I also really like these shorts, these blue/pink ones especially.
This shirt's pretty ugly, but I think I made it work.
A callback of sorts.
You know, I just re-read that post for the first time in a long time and I can't tell whether the commentary is funny or just obnoxious...
All of the more subdued outfits turned out nice, as expected. It's the crazy ones that are hard to pull off.
Can't go wrong with black and white!
I ended up getting a lot of use out of the cat ears hairstyle for this one.
Another outfit that I didn't expect to turn out as cute as it did. The pink hair helps.
Another attempt at using one of these patchwork dresses.
I can't decide if I'm happy with this outfit as-is or if I think it would look better without the hat.
I kinda wish I'd used a different outer, but I quite like this one otherwise.
I love these two-toned tights, but I rarely ever use them, aside from the black and white ones.
Kind of an odd color scheme, but I tried to make it work. These dinosaur skirts are another one of those items that I like, but have a hard time getting any use out of.
This one definitely has that retro feel to it.
These butterfly sandals are another of my favorite items from Retrobeat, that I strangely got barely any use out of here. This did end up being one of my favorite looks from this set, though.
You just can't go wrong with this color scheme. The hair turned out especially cool!
I'm finding green and purple to be a color combo that I really like.
I...kind of don't hate this one?
I like to call this one "alien chic"
This hoodie/skirt combo is one of the few examples of clothes from Retrobeat that not only don't clash, but actually go together perfectly.

                                                               
So, I have actually finished all of my brand highlights for Fashion Forward, and I'm working on getting them all written up. I'm not sure how frequently I'll be posting them, but my goal is to get at least a few of the Styling Star ones done by the time I finish posting these ones. That way I can keep ahead and I'll be able to post these more regularly. And then maybe I'll actually be done with them at some point! At any rate, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment