Sunday, May 20, 2018

30 Day Challenge Part 1

Alright, time to finally get around to doing Marzipanini's 30 Day Challenge. I'll be splitting this post in half because otherwise it would get obscenely long. I've waited long enough to get this posted, so let's just get started!




1. An outfit perfect for the beach.

A simple one to start with. It's bikini time again!
                 



2. The classic Little Black Dress.

I had plenty of options to choose from for this one, but I decided to go with this little number from Enid Chen. Add some black shoes, silver hoop earrings, and a nice smoky eye, and you've got a simple, but classy look.
                                  


3. Show your wild side with animal prints.

So...originally I was going to use the leopard ears from Purple Moon and one of the leopard print dresses from AZ-USA to make a leopard outfit, but then I saw that the Purple Moon cow outfit fell under animal print, and well...I couldn't not use it.
                                            


4. Shoot for the stars with a space inspired outfit.

Black, yellow, and stars. Those were the themes I went with for this one, and it ended up being one of my favorite outfits for this challenge.
                                              
The shoes are the only things that aren't star shaped or star patterned.


5. Bring back the glam/flirty style.

Don't mind if I do! Although I played Fashion Forward before Trendsetters, and Trendsetters is still the Style Savvy game I've played the least, I still miss the flirty style. In fact, it's the style I wear the most when playing Trendsetters, and for this prompt I decided to recreate one of my outfits from an earlier post, though there are some slight differences.
                                         


6. Everything is black and white.

For this one I really wanted to use this new hair bow from April Bonbon and these new shoes from Chorale, so I built the outfit around those. I also got to use one of these lovely new dresses from Marzipan Sky, which made me happy. Overall, I thought this one turned out pretty cute.
                    


7. An outfit inspired by your favorite movie.

I don't really have a favorite movie, so I just went with the first one that came to mind, which was Summer Wars. So here's a King Kazma inspired outfit!
                               



8. Dress like you would in real life.

I mean, replace the Wars shirt with a Kingdom Hearts one and make everything a couple sizes bigger (because I like my clothes baggy) and this is pretty much what I'm wearing right now.
                          



9. An outfit delicious enough to eat- theme an outfit around food.

I went for an ice cream theme last time using April Bonbon, so this time I decided to go with the adorable chocolate themed stuff from Marble Lily. Probably not surprising, but this is another of my favorites from this challenge.
                         



10. Pick a decade and design a vintage looking outfit.

So this really isn't my kind of prompt. With that said, I was determined to have fun with it regardless. I decided the best way to do that would be to pick something really simple and then go way too far with it. The simplest decade-specific fashion trend that I'm familiar with would be the 90's and its obsession with denim...so here's an entire outfit of denim. I didn't think I'd be able to take this as far as I did, but the game had way more denim stuff than expected lol
                                    
The outfit would be truly complete if I had a denim hat.


11. Go outside your comfort zone and pick an item you would never usually wear.

I've never been a fan of these jumpsuits. Chorale's got some new ones that are okay, but the ones in this style are just...ugh. Still, I tried my best to make the outfit look nice.
                                          


12. Time for a menswear look.

Suit time? Hell yeah.
                                       



13. Fit for a princess.

How fitting to have this right after the last one. Anyway, I decided to use one of my designer dresses for this. And the bag that goes with it, of course. It's a shame that we can't wear necklaces with the designer dresses now for some reason. I can think of a few that would've really completed this look.
                                     


14. Polka dots everywhere!

I instantly thought of these new coats and hair bows from Retrobeat, and just had to build the outfit around them. The only thing that isn't polka dotted is the dress, and that's only because I couldn't find one that was that worked with the rest of the outfit.
                               



15. Mismatched outfit.

You know what I said before about taking a prompt way too far? Well...
                                    
If this were a contest, I think I'd win lol
I decided to extend the prompt to the hair and make-up too. I think that was a good choice, don't you?


If you thought that was bad enough, I've got something else to show you. See, I entered this contest on Miiverse once where the goal was to put together some make-up that was as crazy and over the top as possible...and I won with this monstrosity.
                                                           
I find it gets more disturbing the longer you look at it.

This just seemed like a good time to share that. Anyway, that's it for part one of this challenge! Part two should be coming soon. Also, an update on my own 30 day challenge...it's not done yet. Probably won't be for a while. On the other hand, I've got a different challenge in the works that I should be finished with soon, so look forward to that!

3 comments:

  1. Love all these outfits! And it's great how you use quite a few new items in your outfits! Looking forward to seeing some more and thanks for taking part in my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you like them :) and the new items are so great, how could I NOT use them?

      No problem! I've had fun with this challenge :) I'm planning to put the rest up this weekend.

      Delete