Tuesday, October 16, 2018

30 Day Cosplay Challenge Part One

It's about time.

So those of you who follow my tumblr will know that I actually did this challenge back in july. I intended to post it here back then, but well...that didn't happen. So I said fuck it, I'll just wait and post it in october as a Halloween thing. It actually worked out, because I originally wanted to do a second run of the challenge in october, but by the time I'd finished the first one I was pretty burnt out. Plus I'm not sure I would've had the time to do it, anyway.

Enough wasting time, though. Let's get to it!



1. Sophie from Fashion Forward

It seemed appropriate to start with a Style Savvy character, so since I missed out on cosplaying Sophie before, I figured I'd do it now.
                       




You may remember this cosplay from before. I figured this was as good a time as any to actually get some pictures in it.
                                           




As soon as I saw these hairbows from Retrobeat (and that you could wear them like this) I knew I had to cosplay Chiyo.
                                 




Well, I'd been saying that I wanted to do a Steins;Gate cosplay, and this was the chance. I didn't have anything that really worked for her hoodie, so I went with lab coat Kurisu.
                                       




A return of an old cosplay of mine from Fashion Forward. There are a few of those in here, though I tried not to include too many.
                             




Another returning cosplay, though this is one I wanted to redo anyway. I'm much happier with it now!
                           
An appropriate cosplay for Halloween.



Er, I didn't mean to have so many returning cosplay in a row. I also didn't mean to use this backdrop four times in a row >.>;
                             




Amu's a character I'd been meaning to cosplay for forever. She's a perfect character for it because she has about a million different outfits. No, seriously. In fact, I couldn't decide on just one outfit, so I did three.
                                   




So since I've already cosplayed Rin, like...five times before, I thought cosplaying her again would be overkill. I still wanted to do a Fate character, though, so here's Saber!
                           
Speaking of Type-Moon characters, I'm waiting for them to let us wear stuff over kimonos so that I can cosplay Shiki.



Well, I just had to cosplay one of the P5 girls, and Futaba seemed the easiest, so here she is.
                           




Fun fact time: Styling Star and Penguindrum have the same character designer, Lily Hoshino. You should check her out, she's a lovely artist. Anyway, because of this I wanted to cosplay a Penguindrum character. Since I'd already done Himari, I was going to go with Ringo this time, but I couldn't find any good reference pictures for any of her outfits aside from her uniform, so...Himari it is again. I didn't have some of the stuff I used last time, though, so I went with a different approach this time.
                         




I was in a real Idolmaster mood when I did this challenge, so I wanted to include it here. Finding reference pictures for outfits that I could actually try to imitate was hard, but luckily I was able to find one for my favorite character.
                         
I didn't have a hair ribbon that looked like hers, so I just picked one that went with the rest of the outfit.



I'd been wanting to use one of the yukata for a cosplay, and this was as good a chance as any. Also, a Black Cat character seemed like an appropriate choice for friday the thirteenth!
                     
I really need to get around to re-reading Black Cat.



I mean, obviously I had to do include some Pokemon cosplay. And of course I had to at least try to cosplay my girl Lillie <3
                     




One more returning cosplay. There won't be as many in the second part, I promise. Anyway, I actually REALLY don't like Marie as a character, but I do love her design, and it's pretty easy to cosplay ingame, so here she is again.
                             




Alright, that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment