Saturday, June 16, 2018

Off-Brand Challenge

Time for another challenge post! This time it's Alinatron's off-brand challenge.


First up is chic!
I used a combination of bold, feminine, and gothic stuff for this. Of course, all of it falls under the chic image as well.
I went with a dark red (and black) color scheme for a nice classy look.
Also, I decided to go with the backdrops for the brands that I wasn't allowed to use just for the irony of it.
Next, feminine!
It's a mostly girly outfit, with a touch of chic and bold.
Built around the butterfly shoes, because of course I had to use those.
I kinda wish I'd left out the necklace, though. Doesn't really match the rest of the outfit.
Preppy.
I knew this would be an easy one.
I started by picking my favorite non-Brooke Bridge preppy skirt and then went from there.
There are quite a few different brands in this one.
Lively.
Another easy one.
I used the hairbows and the bunny bag as the base for the outfit.
It actually ended up being mostly girly, though.
Eastern.
This one was by far the hardest.
So the rules state that you can use items that don't technically fall under the image if you feel like they fit. Well, I decided to ignore that rule for some reason.
It was fine with the other styles, but for eastern there was nothing that really matched ^_^' so I ended up with this.
Basic.
Well, I can call it basic, but it really just ended up being a feminine outfit.
I didn't intend to use only Chorale, but somehow it happened.
Whoops?
Girly.
I immediately decided to use one of these lovely tops from Chorale.
So I built the outfit around the top and it ended having a blue/white color scheme.
I decided to work in some pink with the bag and the bracelet and I'm not quite sure if that was a good idea or not. I feel like it might've looked nicer if I left those out.
Psychedelic.
This one turned out pretty okay.
It's kinda funny that I've never used this dress before, but just recently built two different outfits around it in two different games. Didn't even think about that until just now.
Anyway, this one gave me a chance to use some items that I never really use, and that's always nice!
Boho-chic.
I think it's pretty well established at this point how much I love these butterfly dresses, so of course I was going to use one for this.
This one also gave me an excuse to use some stuff I've never really used before, like this hat and necklace.
The shoes don't really match at all, which bothers me, but I didn't have any that did, so...
Gothic.
I'm quite happy with this one.
I tried to make sure I didn't just use Marble Lily for this one.
This dark green isn't a color I get much use out of, but it's quite nice here.
Babydoll.
This might be the one I'm happiest with.
Not a color scheme I'd usually go for, but it turned out nice. I'd been wanting to get some use out of this skirt, anyway!
I also got away with using only one Raven Candle item, the bag. I'm quite happy about that as well.
Bold.
This was originally supposed to be a rock/chic combo, but it ended up just being chic aside from the necklace...whoops?
This didn't exactly go as planned, but at least it ended up looking nice!
I just knew I wanted to use one of these coats.
The final style, rock.
I immediately decided that I wanted to use this awesome gothic top (which I actually don't think I've ever used before) and these leather pants.
Add in some matching boots and earrings and you've got my other favorite outfit from this challenge!
With the goth-rock look and this hairstyle Alice ended up looking a lot like Alphard.




That's all for now! Lolita challenge will be coming soon. I'll also be doing a second round of this at some point. Probably some of the other ones too.

7 comments:

  1. I'll definitely need to check out this challenge soon, it looks fun. I quite liked your psychedelic outfit and I never payed much attention to Retrobeat previously, but I'm totally into it nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I'm actually thinking about putting one out that's somewhat similar to this one.

      It's funny how our preferences can change from game to game like that, even when the brand's stock doesn't change THAT much. Like, in Trendsetters I mostly wear flirty stuff, in Fashion Forward I'm all about girly (and lively and feminine) stuff, but in Styling Star my favorites are gothic and babydoll. And it's not like it's my preferences changing over time, since I'm still playing all three games. It's interesting.

      Delete
    2. I'm pretty fond of all the brands in Styling Star which is unusual as I used to only really use Marzipan Sky. I'd say Soy and AZ-USA would be the two I use the least.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I've got my preferences, but I honestly can't say I dislike any of the brands. They've all got some really lovely items...and some very ugly ones, haha.

      I really only wore Marzipan Sky too for a while, back when I first started Fashion Forward. I think it was contests that made me start branching out more.

      Delete
    4. Oh boy are there some ugly items. I have so many items that I dislike the look of, I should do a post about them one day.

      The challenges have helped me try out new outfits. I always used different items for customer outfits back in Fashion Forward when I actually got customers into the boutique unlike in Styling Star.

      Delete
    5. Yeah, there are a shocking number of truly hideous items for a fashion game, haha!

      Yeah, that's a big part of why I like challenges and contests. They make me try different things and use items I probably never would otherwise.

      Delete
    6. Challenges are the main thing keeping my interest in the game really. Since there isn't much else to do, I only really update Shopdo, make designer items sometimes and do outfit stuff for photos.

      Delete