Friday, December 22, 2017

Brand Highlight: April Bonbon

I planned to get this up earlier today, but I was busy, and then my mom invited me out for a late dinner...and then I procrastinated some more...

Anyway, I did a post like this on Purple Moon in October, and I said I would do more, but then completely forgot. Well, I finally remembered the other day, so here's the second one.

Today's brand is April Bonbon! April Bonbon is a brand that's been in every game so far, and unlike some of the other brands, its name has remained the same throughout...except for Trendsetters, where they briefly changed the name to Mint Sprinkles. Additionally, there was also a very similar brand in the first game named Dazies, which was presumably removed for being too similar. At any rate, April Bonbon's style is 'lively' ('pop' in Trendsetters) and the brand focuses on clothes that are bright, colorful, and fun. So let's get started!
                                                 
Of course I have to include the Halloween stuff.
Black and pink will never stop being one of my favorite color combinations.
Watermelon Girl
Only with April Bonbon could I use 'white' as my outfit prompt, and still end up with something super colorful.
This one probably could've used some more work...
I feel like I should've gotten rid of the hat, and gone with a different hairstyle/color, but eh, I was experimenting with stuff. That's always my excuse.
Pink Lemonade
Probably one of the most subdued outfits here, but still quite colorful.
This one almost looks more sporty than lively.
I was going to say that this was cotton candy colors, but I think it's a bit too vibrant for that.
The hair looks much less pink against this background...whoops.
Yellow and pink, nice sunset colors. The bright blue seems kind of clashing here...that's on purpose, though, I promise.
I ended up liking this look a lot more than I thought I would, especially the hair.
Bikini time! I kinda regret this fringe, but like I said, I was experimenting...
I really love these duck rainboots, I need to use them more.
Also, I totally wrote that as 'duckie rainboots' at first. I'm an adult, I swear.
Lookin' cool for summer ;)
Yeah, not my best work...
Ah, this is better! I've been meaning to use these shorts for something for a while now. I had a hard time deciding between the green and purple ones, but I ended up deciding on the purple ones. I'll have to find a use for the green ones sometime soon...
Mustache hat is best hat.
This started out as a pajama-esque outfit, but then I added the choker and headband, which kind of ruined that...eh, it looks cuter this way. Also, I just really like those items, if you hadn't noticed yet lol
I apparently liked this one so much that I accidentally put together another one that was extremely similar...including both in this post would've been redundant, so I think I'll save the other one for another time.
Not sure how I feel about this color combo, but I finally got to use this cute skirt for something.
A red/black outfit again. A girlier one this time. I like this hair/glasses combo.
This is very similar to one of my favorite lively outfits. That one has a pink/yellow/orange color scheme and includes the hibiscus hairclip. Since that hairclip is from Purple Moon rather than April Bonbon, I couldn't use it, so I went with a palette swap for the main parts of the outfit, then filled the rest in with stuff that matched.
Dressed for winter! Well, aside from those shoes...
Another bikini, this time with a hoodie.
One of the funner outfits in this collection, I think.
As is this one. The tutus are always fun!
A very citrus-y outfit. This is another one that almost looks more sporty than lively.
I still love these bear hoodies. Somehow I got away with only using one of them in this collection, though.
Last outfit! I really like this shirt/skirt combo, and also the hair/scarf combo. And also just this hair in general. It ended up looking nicer than expected.


And that's it for this post, but there will be more! I'm thinking maybe Raven Candle next...

I intend to do posts like these for all of the brands (though Chorale/Chorale Prelude and Enid Chen/Arianna will be joint posts, of course), and I plan to do them for Trendsetters and Styling Star too. And maybe the first game, but probably not. Unless people want me to?

2 comments:

  1. April Bonbon is the livelyist brand there is! Great outfits!
    And yes, would like to see the brands from the first game, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha I thought you might like this post.

      Alright, I'll definitely think about it, then!

      Delete