Sunday, December 31, 2017

Brainstorming Pokemon Teams

Time for another one of these.

Magical girl series are great for basing Pokemon teams on, I think. I'll probably be doing several different ones, but we're going to start with Madoka Magica. The Fate team was pretty easy to brainstorm, but this one should be a bit a lot more difficult. Let's start with the easy ones, though.

(Also, beware of spoilers.)


Primarina may look like it's based on Cure Mermaid, but it's also absolutely perfect for best girl Sayaka. In fact, that's what inspired this team in the first place! Both are associated with water, mermaids, music, and the color blue. The only way it could be a better fit would be if Primarina was also a knight. On that note, Keldeo also works, but I generally try to avoid using legendaries in teams like this. So, Primarina it is!

Next up would be Madoka herself. There are several Pokemon that work for Madoka, but I'm gonna have to give this one to AudinoNeed I say more?

Mawile makes for a pretty damn good Nagisa/Charlotte. Deceptively cute, big mouth with lots of teeth, perfect for biting someone's head off...

The obvious choices for Homura would be Celebi and Dialga, but as I said, I don't like using legendaries for teams like this. Unfortunately, those two are the only Pokemon that have a time/time travel association, so I had to take a different approach to this one than I originally planned. Aegislash would be the next most obvious choice, because of the shield, but I actually really like Chandelure. Similar color scheme, 'Homura' means flame, and ghost type just seems fitting for some reason.

The last two...the last two are hard. I'm gonna try to tackle them, though.

So, KyoukoWeavileRapidash, and Zoroark are what I've come up with for her. Out of those choices, I'd say I like Rapidash the best (and Weavile the least). Partly because it's my favorite of the three in general and partly because it fits her witch form.

Now for Mami. Mami is the most difficult for sure. So difficult, in fact, that I still haven't made a decision. So...this section will just be me actually brainstorming.

So first we have to ask, what is Mami associated with? Well, leaving out tea, cake, and beheading, I'd say Mami is associated, to varying extents, with the color yellow, guns, ribbons, elegance, flowers and loneliness. Including her witch form as a reference, she would also be associated with candles and 'dressing up'. So the next thing to ask would be what what Pokemon are associated with those things? Well, Remoraid has an association with guns, I guess, and Sylveon would be associated with ribbons. Litwick is a ghost candle, Cosplay Pikachu has an association with both dressing up and the color yellow, and Cubone is literally 'the lonely Pokemon'. The other things are all pretty broad and vague, and there are a lot of Pokemon that fit the bill.

So then, what Pokemon to use for Mami?

...

That's not a rhetorical question, I'm actually asking for your opinions on this, because I'm still not sure. There are plenty that could fit, but none that really strike me.

To end this on a more definitive note: I don't like using legenaries for teams like this, but if you wanted to, Jirachi would make for a good Kyuubey, though Jirachi is a rather more benevolent wish granter. More legendary options: Arceus and Giratina for Madoka and Homura

Also, Plusle and Minun would make for a particularly cute Kyouko/Sayaka pair.

Just like in the last post, I'd love to hear your opinions. Would anyone else be interested in doing a team with this theme? Do you agree with my choices? What Pokemon fits Mami the best? Also, what about these posts in general? Are they good, would you like me to keep doing them? I mean, I'll probably keep doing them regardless, but feedback is always nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment