Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Babydoll Special

"I'll post something else in a little bit" I said, six seven hours ago >.>; er, well, at any rate, let's put aside my procrastination for the moment. Miiverse is officially gone, and I'll really miss it, but instead of sulking about it, I'm going to dedicate a post to one of my favorite styles in these games- the babydoll/princess/sweet lolita style. So without further ado, let's begin.
                                                                     
These gloves actually look kind of gross up close. Also, I'm not sure that fancy lace gloves are what you should wear while cooking.
Frilly, flowery, and pink: the quintessential babydoll look.
One thing I wish they'd bring back from the first game are the big coats that actually fit the shape of the big skirts instead of squishing them.
Also, I really should've chosen a different skirt for this one. Wrong shade of pink, agh.
Sailor Lolita Bear
I dedicated about a week or so at one point to specifically messing around with this particular style. Going back to the whole 'going overboard' thing, I must've taken over fifty pictures during that time, probably closer to a hundred.
Don't worry, though. I won't be posting all of them today. I'm saving the rest for later ;)
One of the things that I experimented with in particular was unusual colors and color combinations. As a result, some of the outfits ended up being pretty ugly, like this one- teal and brown is not a good combination. Still, I had fun with it, anyway.
Plenty of them turned out really nice, though. Like this sailor lolita outfit here.
The skirt squishing actually can create an interesting look.
This one actually might be more goth than babydoll, but eh. It still counts. At any rate, I really like this dress, particularly in these colors.
Pouting Princess
An idol-like look.
Of course, I have to throw in one of my own designs ;)
I...think this one was made for a contest. An all-green contest.
Goldilocks
Dark babydoll. Looks goth, but technically isn't.
White and blue, pretty basic. Actually not huge on this one.
Cheated a bit with this one, as the hat and socks are girly, not babydoll. With that said, I actually use these socks a lot in babydoll outfits.
Experimenting with colors again.
Another idol-esque outfit, except this time, that's actually what I was going for. I added bunny ears because every outfit is better with bunny ears.
I wasn't sure this color combo would work, but it actually looks quite nice.
This outfit makes me think of valentine's for some reason.
Brown + teal is a bad combo, but apparently beige + teal works quite well.
I really love these bear hoodies. I actually own one myself, but it's old and starting to fall apart. I need to get a new one.
I also love the bunny bags. Goes with my love of plushies, I suppose.
There ended up being a surprising amount of brown in this post.
...and a not-so-surprising amount of pink.
This is another dress that I'm especially fond of.
I still find it odd that these overalls are considered babydoll. They are cute, though.
This outfit is a personal favorite.


And that's it for tonight. Now I'm off to bed. It'll be weird not checking Miiverse first thing when I get up. I'll have to start checking the blog first thing instead.

2 comments:

  1. I actually like the teal and brown one. It looks like mint-and-chocolate ice cream to me. Then again, I have weird taste. Don't mind me. >_>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, everyone has different tastes. I think the problem I have with it is mostly the skirt, which looks...weirdly dirty?

      That comparison does make me like it more, though. Ice cream makes everything better.

      Delete