Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Welcome to Magnolia: Styling Star Demo Part 1

Yes, you read that title correctly. Part one. You might be wondering how I could possibly stretch the demo into multiple posts. Well...as I've said before, I have a tendency to go...a biiiiit overboard with things ^_^' so I've played the demo about seven times, and taken a bunch of screenshots each time. At any rate, though, let's get started!
                                                                             
Rosie has a worse memory than I do.
I love that you get to name your town this time! I've been using 'Magnolia' for the demo, and I'll probably stick with it in the full game.
                                                            
And of course I'll be sticking with 'Fantasia' for my boutique- it's tradition at this point.
Ignoring the awkward billboard in the back, I'm not sure yet what I'll be naming my character.
I've been using 'Luna' in the demo because it's my default female character name, but I'd prefer to use a different one in the full game. Hm...
Any suggestions?
I'm loving all of the new clothes already.
The headphones are a weird inclusion, but I'm not complaining.
And I'm loving all of the new earrings.
Loving this new princess/babydoll/whatever-they're-calling-it-in-this-game dress.
I love the lolita style, so I'm always looking forward to seeing more of it in these games.
Of course, there's not too much of a selection in the demo.
It's actually pretty hard to put together good outfits because there's so little to choose from, but that's to be expected, since it's just a demo.
There's some interesting new hairstyles, but I'll get into that more in the next post.
The background art is nice, but then, it always is.
I'm sooo happy they've made the hair bows adjustable.
I'm still really iffy on the new art style.
I'm fine with the cel shaded look, and I'm more than okay with it being more anime-esque.
But I'm still not a fan of how the faces look. I'm sure I'll get used to it, though.
I'm very happy about the inclusion of watches and bracelets, though! I always thought it was weird that they added earrings before bracelets, anyway. I mean, considering visibility...
*sneezes adorably*
Kinda running out of things to say now.
The nails! That's another thing I'm really excited about.
It's another thing I was hoping they'd add at some point.
Another of the new hairstyles. I quite like this one.
The one good thing about not having much of a selection is that it forces me to be more creative.
Um, excuse you, billboard man. I'm already a superstar ;)         
I just keep going back to this hairstyle. You'd think I would fixate on one of the new ones...
I'm loving all of the new earrings so far, but especially these butterfly ones. Can we get a butterfly hairclip too, please?
I'm also really liking these new shirts here.
Well, like I said, I'm loving the new stuff as a whole. Er, no clue what's happening in this animation, though.
The choice of double/single eyelids is another weird addition, but I'll never complain about more customization options!
Aaaaand that's a wrap!


Yeah, you know that thing I said about going overboard? Well...

And it's not over yet! There's two more posts on the way. I'll be spreading them out over the next week or so, though, and there'll be other stuff in the meantime.

6 comments:

  1. All these photos look pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. It's me, Robert, from Miiverse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm quite happy about the ability to mess with nails now, too, and I love that we can have bracelets and watches now, but I'm even happier with them adding a feature to see the purchase history of customers...

    Also, I started my demo by making a female Genjo Sanzo... --; The boutique's name was Saiyuki, of course... Maybe I should post some pictures at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's great that we can check their purchase history. And we can also check our stock before accepting a request now too, which is awesome. AND there's an option to tell the customer to wait while you go restock! There are some things I'm iffy on, but they've definitely introduced some great new features.

      Delete