Sunday, January 7, 2018

Brand Highlight: Raven Candle

Today's brand is Raven Candle. Just like April BonBon, Raven Candle has been in every game so far and has kept the same name through each incarnation. Raven Candle's style is 'gothic' and is heavily (but not entirely) based on gothic lolita. The brand focuses on clothes that are dark, elegant, and mysterious, and it can be considered a sister brand of sorts to Marble Lily. Raven Candle is one of my favorites, so let's get started!
                               
Quintessential Raven Candle.
I wasn't sure at first about this sleeveless turtleneck/vest combo, but it ended up looking nicer than expected. Probably one of my favorite outfits here.
I don't know that I'd call firetruck red a dark and mysterious color, but here we are.
Ah, here's a more acceptable shade of red.
I ended up using these sandals way too much here. Give me more shoes to work with, Raven Candle.
I love messing around with the style like this. Dark and mysterious? If you say so.
Here's a more acceptable use of pink, I suppose.
This is an interesting look. I don't hate it, green hair included.
The QuartzWolf look returns, though I did make slight alterations.
Elegant pastel goth.
One of my personal favorite outfits. The blue version is equally nice, but including both seemed like overkill.
This one goes well with the backdrop.
For some reason these colors have a ghostly feel to me.
I'm not sure if this would technically be considered pirate lolita, but that's what it feels like to me. And yes, pirate lolita is an actual thing. How amazing is that?
Almost looks more rock than goth.
Simple, but pretty. Wish I could've used a different pair of shoes, though.
Dark and mysterious, indeed.
I'm not really sure why they chose Raven Candle to get some Christmas-themed items, but hey, I'm not complaining. They look super cool.
Well, I got the 'dark' part right, but I'm not so sure about the 'mysterious'...
This is the other picture I considered using for 'Quintessential Raven Candle'.
I really like this sock/shoe combo. Specifically in these colors.
Similar to my 'magician' outfit from October, though I don't remember if I actually posted any pictures of that on the blog...well, it'll make its way here eventually.
Pure white, though most of it actually doesn't look quite white. I like these big hair bows, if you couldn't tell yet.
Mossy green. Inspired by one of Mel's outfits.
I like these long coats, but don't use them very often. I should probably do something about that.
Ready for the masquerade.
One final perversion of the goth style :P
Everything works together really well, but I find this one kinda boring.
I think I said it in another post already, but I love these butterfly skirts.
As you can see. I also apparently think they look especially good with this pose.
I also love...well, everything about this outfit, really. The dress, the choker, the tights...even the bag is cool. And I think the blouse/dress/choker combo ended up looking really nice.
I had fun playing around with some of the grumpier facial expressions for these.
Teal version of the card suit dress. I didn't plan the distribution of these pictures very well.
Dusty Rose. Why am I calling this outfit that? Uh...
Final picture, so I'm making it a good one♪


And that's it for this post. Next one of these will be coming soon, though! It'll be Chorale/Chorale Prelude next time, I think.

10 comments:

  1. The new dresses from Raven Candle are amazing! I'm so glad more customers request gothic items in Styling Star as no one ever asked for them in Fashion Forward for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? They're so great!

      Personally, my main problem in Fashion Forward is that all anyone ever wants are designer items that I don't have...and then when I DO have them no one wants them (¬_¬)

      Delete
    2. OMG that was so frustrating when everyone would ask for designer items!! I had customers asking for ones I hadn't had in stock for over a year. And when I did have items in stock, they looked awful when the customer wore them as it didn't match their style.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, that's my biggest issue with Fashion Forward, for sure. It looks like they've made it so that you can't sell your designs in your boutique anymore in Styling Star? Which is a little disappointing...but mostly just a relief, because it means I don't have to deal with that BS anymore.

      Delete
    4. I guess because they took out commission requests, the items don't appear at the boutique. I wasn't a huge fan of commissions, so that's a feature I'm not too disappointed to lose. The items you design never appear at the boutique which is dumb because I want to sell the silly designs my friends make when I lend them my 3DS

      Delete
    5. Yeah, the commissions were a cool idea, but there really wasn't enough variety to keep them interesting. I do like getting to see customers wearing the stuff I designed, so it's a little disappointing that I can't do that anymore, but if the trade-off is that I don't have to hear "Hey, is it true?" or "I just heard the most unbelievable thing!" anymore, then I'm more than ok with it.

      Delete
  2. "One final perversion of the goth style"
    Pffft, that had me laughing! But who says you can't be awesomely gothic in pink? :P
    I enjoyed looking at all the outfits, though I imagine the hairdresser must have been really busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, glad that got a laugh out of you. And of course you can! I'm just poking fun at the fact that Raven Candle describes its look as 'dark and mysterious', but so many of its items don't fall under that description at all. I just find it amusing. And yes, I keep Noor very busy :P but hey, at least I stuck with mostly black this time! All bets were off with the April BonBon/Purle Moon posts.

      Oh, by the way, I finally got around to visiting your Shopdo earlier today :) left you some likes, favorited you, and bought all of your outfits. And I got some pictures, too, of course! We made a good pair. You were like the prince to my princess ;)

      Delete
    2. Haha, I know. Raven Candle has some pretty colourful items, but it'd get a bit boring if they did stick to their mantra. Besides, some days you just want to wear something that's fire truck red. :P

      Come to think of it, the same could be said of Marble Lily since they carry some surprisingly dark items when they're supposed to be all bright and cute.

      Thanks for visiting my shop! I have to remember to update it once in a while with new stuff. And I'm glad the photos turned out well, hehe! I'm a big fan of the dandy style, I like the suave-ness of being gentlemanly (yeah I'm weird like that).

      Delete
    3. Yeah, all (or at least most) of the brands are like that. Trying to keep things interesting, I assume. And that's true. I'm very much an all black, all the time person IRL, but even I occasionally get the urge to wear something offensively bright lol

      I am too, actually. In fact, I've worn a tux to every wedding I've ever been to. Which is way too many, by the way. I don't even know that many people...er, anyway. I tend to gravitate more to the brighter, girlier stuff in-game, probably because it's stuff I'd never wear IRL.

      Those pictures will making their way onto the blog sometime soon, hopefully :)

      Delete