Monday, January 22, 2018

Brand Highlight: Chorale & Chorale Prelude

Today we're going to take a look at Chorale and its sister brand, Chorale Prelude.

Chorale's style is 'feminine' and the brand is like Marzipan Sky's big sister, flaunting feminine charm, but in a more mature and elegant way. This brand has been in every game so far, but was called Sonata in the first game and Cantata Modo in the second. Chorale Prelude focuses on the feminine style as well, but sells exclusively bags, and made its debut in Trendsetters under the name Cantata Tasca. Let's get started, shall we?
                                               
Chorale is the brand for true ladies.
Elegant orange, a variation of one of my favorite outfits.
Another variation on a favorite outfit.
I built this outfit around this bag, but wasn't too happy with it, so I made another one...I ended up including both in this post because why not.
Blue and white, with a dash of gold. I'm gonna need to take more pictures of this one, I really like it.
Put together this outfit for a customer (for a group event) and ended up really liking it. So I included it here...without the necklace, since it was the wrong brand. I think it might actually look better this way, though.
I did say that Chorale is almost like a sister brand to Marzipan Sky, so naturally, many of its items wouldn't look out of place in the other brand's stock.
I wish I'd gone with a different pair of shoes.
Inspired by an outfit entered into one of Mel's contests back on Miiverse. I wish I remembered who put it together so that I could credit them.
Chorale has a whole bunch of trench coats and I love it. I'm especially fond of this hot pink one. Where does my hair end and my scarf begin? The world may never know.
Most of these outfits were put together specifically for this post, but not all of them. This is an old one that I put together for a feminine/Chorale-themed contest. I was playing around with color combos, and the result ended up rather nice...except for those socks. I regret those.
I built this outfit around that necklace, but forgot that you'd barely be able to see it in a full body shot. Whoops? I did take a close-up too, but that'll be for another post.
I wasn't sure that this shade of green would mix well with orange, but surprisingly it does. This outfit looks much nicer than I expected it to!
I can't decide if I like this one or not.
I'm not sure why Luna's pouting in this one. Long day at work, I guess? Or maybe she was just getting sick of all of these pictures.
Another color combo that worked better than I thought it would. Though I've got an even better grey/pink outfit that'll be in the Marzipan Sky post...
I didn't realize that this scarf would match this dress so perfectly. Huh.
I really like these ruffled, layered skirts/camisoles. I also have a thing for thigh-highs. Have you noticed that yet? I blame anime.
It kind of bothers me that none of the maroons match...
I feel like I'm just repeating myself here, but I wasn't sure how well the brown/beige would look with the red and blue, but it seems to have worked out pretty well.
Perfect for spring.
I loooove these tops.
A very christmas-y outfit, though probably too cold to actually wear in december.
Another older picture that I decided to incorporate into this post. I really like all of the items used in this outfit and the color scheme, so this one's a favorite for sure.
A strangely delicious looking outfit. I like this one a lot too, actually.
I feel like I used this pose way too much.
I seem to love all of the off-the-shoulder tops. Those new ones in Styling Star, with the belts? Hell yes.
Not...my favorite look. I like the hair, though!
See, this bag is a perfect example of what I was talking about before. How is it not a Marzipan Sky item? Sorry, Chorale, I'll stop mentioning other brands now.
An outfit that looks better in this picture than it does in-game.
I ended up with two different variations of this pantsuit, whoops. They were too similar, so I'll save the other one for a different post.
And here's the second outfit that I built around this bag. Definitely like this one better.
I get waaay to much use out of this white sleeveless turtleneck.
This is probably too similar to that other outfit up above, but I really wanted to include both. I really like these sweater dresses, if you couldn't tell. And I also love a high contrast red/black combo.
Finishing off with a simple black and white outfit. Very classy, very Chorale.



And that's it for this post. Next one of these will be either AZ-USA or StageDive.

Also, this post took way too long to write because my best friend won't stop texting me lol why does she always have the worst timing?

7 comments:

  1. Nice outfits ♥ I love the jackets from Chorale. Not a fan of the cardigans though, I hardly ever use them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, Chorale's got some great jackets. As for the cardigans...some I like, others not so much.

      There are quite a few items in here that I rarely ever use, and even some that I straight up don't like. One of the cool things about doing posts like this is that by restricting myself to one brand, I force myself to both be more creative and to use stuff that I wouldn't normally.

      Delete
    2. The cardigans just look weird most of the time when you try to use them in outfits. One thing that I don't like about the games is when you put on an outer item and it pushes the skirt/dress shape down. Most of the outers in Marble Lily drive me nuts with this!

      Delete
    3. Yeah, same! That's why I'm so glad that they brought back the big coats that don't do that. On the other hand, now there are some dresses that you can't wear anything over without them getting squished down...one step forward, one step back.

      Delete
    4. The thing with the big coats is that every time I go to use one in an outfit, I don't have a dress or skirt in stock that matches.

      I feel with the series it often is one step forward, one step back. Like when are we going to get a new brand? They kept taking ones out instead of adding new ones.

      Delete
  2. Chorale is one of those brands I didn't start messing around with until recently, so it was nice to see this post! You've put together a lot of great outfits. For some reason I really like the one with the black and white hair, where you said it looked better in a picture than in-game.

    PS: I finally got around to posting those pictures of Alice from Shopdo. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's part of why I'm doing these posts :)

      Thanks! Not surprised that you like that one. It does look really nice in that picture. It's just that the combination of shirts doesn't work quiiiite as well when you can see it close-up and in better quality.

      I saw!

      Delete