Thursday, February 1, 2018

Cosplay Highlight: Rin Tohsaka

As you may know, I'm really into cosplay and anime, so back in October, I put together a whole bunch of cosplay in Fashion Forward, and then did a series of posts about it for the week of Halloween. It was a lot, so I kinda cosplay'd myself out for a while, but Styling Star's brought back the urge to do more, so here we are.
                                                                     
So, we're starting with Rin Tohsaka from Fate/Stay Night.
Rin was my first cosplay in Fashion Forward, so it seemed fitting to start with her in Styling Star too.
Plus, I just love Rin as a character, and she's pretty simple to cosplay.
I'll probably end up cosplaying a couple of different versions of Rin, just like I did in Fashion Forward.
But for now we're just starting with her iconic look.
There isn't really much to say about this cosplay, and I don't think anyone really wants to hear me gush about how much I love Rin (plus, I'm kinda putting this post together in a hurry), so I'll shut up now.
Smug Rin is always a good Rin.
A very out of character Rin doing a happy dance.


And that's it for this photoshoot, but today is thursday, so that means it's time for the weekly Shopdo update. Naturally, any visitors this week will be greeted by Alice in full Rin cosplay
                                                 
First up we've got our obligatory lolita outfit. I wanted to use one of the big coats this time, so I built the outfit around that.
Second is, of course, this cosplay. I didn't like how the hair ribbons looked, so I took them off, but it is technically more accurate this way, so I included them here.
And for the third outfit, I went with something rock this time.

That's all for today!


(EDIT: Also, on a FSN related note, I'd like to share this picture because it made me laugh.)

4 comments:

  1. Okay, so I took the time to click through every cosplay post you linked above...and the ones I was really surprised to see were Sheryl Nome (I've never watched Macross but I love her songs and own several figurines of her), Raimei Shimizu (Nabari no Ou was a decent show), Chise Hatori (OMG you also like Mahoutsukai no Youme?!), Nona from Death Parade (I'm watching that right now), Rue (Princess Tutu is one of the greatest anime series of all time), and Suigintou (my favourite doll in Rozen Maiden).

    Are you sure you're really not some alternate version of me?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, we just both have good taste :p

      You should watch Macross Frontier! I'm not really a Macross fan either, but Frontier is great. And it really does have the best music.

      I was going to address each of those, but then I realized that it'd just be me going "yeah, I like that thing too!" over and over, and well...I think you already picked up on that, considering lol

      I was going to do Makise Kurisu for my next cosplay in Styling Star, but I've yet to find something that'll work for her hoodie, so maybe I'll bring back Suigintou instead :) she was always my favorite, too.

      Delete
  2. I found you on Shopdo while I was busy looking at the different stores.

    It took me quite a while to figure out it was you. xp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that you found me :) you should post your Shopdo ID, I'd love to visit your shop as well!

      Delete